Sunday, February 9, 2020

NEW YORK

April 14, 2019
     The city looks so ceremonious although she has homed countless  grievances for years. She is rigid and southern storm hasn't shaken her either. Many scorchingly hot Marchs came and gone by, so did the freezing Decembers.But there she is, tall and strong like a mother overseeing her numerous children.   Her children, they  are so close yet so far to her. She has been both loved and hated, seen both opulence and poverty; kindness and misanthropy, witnessed both unseparable friendship and fierce enmity, she has seen it all.   



       Sadly, nobody saw or even tried to see her until today.Today, when i gazed this magnificent city for one last time before i depart back to DC, the city which i call home at least for now,  I saw the darkness in her. She figured out i caught her unarmed; she could no longer equivocate her melancholy. Then she lowered and slowly whispered "Help Me Please !".   I was both astounded and shaken at the same time. It felt like Dumbledore asking me to help him protect Hogwarts from Lord Voldemort. I replied "I don't even belong here, how can i help you?" and then she said, "You can at least write about me" . 
Share this post:

Join My Mailing List

Be the first to hear about new blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment